Page 25 of 41 FirstFirst ... 151617181920212223242526272829303132333435 ... LastLast
Results 241 to 250 of 410

Thread: Summer Dreaming

  1. #241
    moderator gus danger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2001
    Posts
    9,105
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Arrow

    Friday = Happy! Well not as much as Saturday = Happy but just the fact that Saturday is coming up real soon makes Friday = Happy in my book.
    Well, it's not really a book. More of a tablet were I write stuff down!
    Have a good one!
    [img]graemlins/coffee.gif[/img] [img]biggrin.gif[/img]
    Gus

  2. #242
    Inactive Member ellanoize's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 28th, 2003
    Posts
    8,466
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    That was sad news yesterday about the passing of Johnny Ramone. I remember the first time I heard the Ramones, It was at a small used record store in Chicago, and I was just shocked at the speed, and intensity over the poetry of their lyrics. To me it was like rediscovering the Beatles or something, I bought all their lps over the years, I saw them in concert about 7 times. I briefly got to meet Joey and C.J. at the San Diego Comicon back in the late 80's. They have really been an influence on me and Joey, DeDe, and now Johnny will truly be missed. Rest in Peace, Brudders [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img]

    Rog [img]graemlins/cry.gif[/img]

  3. #243
    Inactive Member CCfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 9th, 2002
    Posts
    511
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    How did he die?

  4. #244
    amusicalguy
    Guest amusicalguy's Avatar

    Post

    Wow, 7 times seeing the Ramones live...that's incredible!! I never got to see them live, but do own all their albums as well as a couple bootlegs. They rejuvenated rock 'n' roll in the mid-70's! If they had not come along I don't believe the punk movement would ever have taken place, or at the very least it would've been drastically different and most likely not nearly as interesting or influential!
    Last week was not a good one because besides loosing Johnny Ramone to cancer (he was my fav Ramone too), I also lost a very good friend to a heart attack most likely caused by his out of control diabetes for too long. The truly sad part about my friend's passing is he didn't live long enough to see his life's dream come to fruition. He had spent 20+ years working on a book about Florida rock 'n' roll, soul & disco which he called "Florida's Famous and Forgotten". If it had not been for an unscrupulous publisher who wasted the entire last year NOT printing and releasing his book, he would've lived to see it finally published. A friend & I along with his family are trying to get his book returned by the publisher so that the family can get his book printed and out the way he wanted it! So please say a prayer for our success in this matter. Thanks in advance!! Have a great week everyone!!! [img]cool.gif[/img]

  5. #245
    moderator gus danger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2001
    Posts
    9,105
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Arrow

    I believe it was cancer CCfan! [img]graemlins/cry.gif[/img]

    [img]graemlins/music.gif[/img] If there is a punk rock heaven
    you know they've got a **** of a band!

    Wow Ella 7 times! I saw them once, circa 1990 the Escape From New York tour! It was mid-August, outdoors in Arizona and Joey left his black leather jacket on through half the show! What a trooper!
    I loved The Ramones!
    [img]graemlins/rainbow.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/guy.gif[/img]
    Gus

  6. #246
    Inactive Member NewYorkJettster's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 16th, 2002
    Posts
    3,051
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Sorry to hear about your friend amusicalguy

    Hey,hey,hey it's Monday morning, you know what that means, chop chop it's off to work. [img]graemlins/devil.gif[/img]

    I just made some fresh brewed [img]graemlins/coffee.gif[/img] for this chilly morning here in New York. 42 Degree's right now.

    I have made some fresh French Vanilla Tasty Cakes to go with your coffee. Enjoy and do try and have a great day!

    NewYorkJettster~

    P.s.

    <marquee> [img]graemlins/cake.gif[/img] 2 dayzzz to go til you know who's birthday [img]graemlins/cake.gif[/img] </marquee>

  7. #247
    moderator gus danger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2001
    Posts
    9,105
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Arrow

    I'm sorry to hear about your friend too AMG! Good luck with the book!

    Another weekend bites the dust folks and I just realized it was our last weekend of summer!
    HARD to believe, eh?
    Well, it was a good one 'round here but now the time has come to return to that other world for which there is little or no fun to be had. It's the world of w*rk I'm talking about and as usual on Monday mornings, I'll be showing up all bright tailed and bushy eyed 4 sure!
    Thanks for breakfast NYJ. It's delish!
    TTFN!
    [img]graemlins/coffee.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img]
    Gus

  8. #248
    4Jettheads
    Guest 4Jettheads's Avatar

    Post

    Not a good year for rock and roll with all the passings. I never had the opportunity to see the Ramones on stage, but I always enjoyed their tunes.

    <marquee> [img]graemlins/cake.gif[/img] And, yup, two more days for the Irish chick rocker's B-day. Snoopy is on the way to NYC. [img]graemlins/cake.gif[/img] </marquee>

  9. #249
    Inactive Member NewYorkJettster's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 16th, 2002
    Posts
    3,051
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Cool

    OMG~ It's 2 4 Tuesday

    H-E-L-L is for Children~ Pat Benatar
    Love Is A Battlefield~ Pat Benatar [img]graemlins/music.gif[/img]

    Fresh brewed [img]graemlins/coffee.gif[/img] is ready with NY Charlie style bagels warm out of the oven. Enjoy...

    NewYorkJettster~


    P.s.

    <marquee> [img]graemlins/cake.gif[/img] Just 1 day to go til you know who's birthday [img]graemlins/cake.gif[/img] </marquee>

  10. #250
    Inactive Member Lancelot's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 23rd, 2002
    Posts
    456
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Cool

    Seasons [img]graemlins/storm.gif[/img] must change
    Summer to Fall
    So why not a 2fer [img]graemlins/hmmm.gif[/img]
    and a salute to you all... [img]wink.gif[/img]


    "Time of the Season" - The Zombies

    "Seasons of Wither" - Aerosmith

    [img]graemlins/star.gif[/img]

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Links to Cherie Currie's Websites:http://www.cheriecurrie.comhttp://www.chainsawchick.com
http://www.therunaways.com
http://www.myspace.com/cheriecurrie
http://www.myspace.com/cheriecurriemusic